Woodside Park tube station
Woodside Park tube station is a London Underground station in Woodside Park, north London.
The station is on the High Barnet branch of the Northern Line, between West Finchley and Totteridge and Whetstone stations, and in Travelcard Zone 4.
Woodside Park station was planned by the Edgware, Highgate and London Railway (EH&LR) and was originally opened as Torrington Park in 1872 by the Great Northern Railway (which had taken over the EH&LR) in what was then rural Middlesex. The station was on a branch of a line that ran from Finsbury Park to Edgware via Highgate. The current station name was adopted in 1882 and the station was rebuilt in 1889.
After the 1921 Railways Act created the Big Four railway companies the line was, from 1923, part of the London & North Eastern Railway (LNER). The section of the High Barnet branch north of East Finchley was incorporated into the London Underground network through the “Northern Heights” project begun in the late 1930s. Woodside Park station was first served by Northern Line trains in April 1940. It still retains much of its original Victorian architectural character today.