St Paul's Studios
St Paul’s Studios were designed by Frederick Wheeler in 1890 and have much in common with the hundreds of other domestic studios constructed towards the end of the 19th century.
James Gunter the developer of West Brompton fame financed this splendid terrace that was `specially designed to suit the requirements of bachelor artists, with accommodation for a housekeeper on the lower floor’. One of these studios was once the home of Dame Margot Fonteyn The property, which now requires a certain amount of updating, features two galleried studio rooms with slightly contrived, double-height Venetian windows.
Situated at 135-149 Talgarth Road, Hammersmith, W14 9DA, the huge cheval-glass studio windows with glazed vaults excite interest despite the unpromising site, sandwiched between the District Line and the Talgarth Road.