Queens Park Rangers – Loftus Road
Queens Park Rangers Football Club is an English football team, from Loftus Road, Shepherd’s Bush, Hammersmith in London.
The team is also referred to as “QPR” (or often just “Rangers”) and nicknamed the Hoops (or the Superhoops), due to the team’s kit of blue and white hooped shirts, or the Rs. Their home stadium is Loftus Road, which has a capacity of 19,148.
QPR was formed in 1882, when a team known as St Jude’s merged with Christchurch Rangers. The resulting team was called Queen’s Park Rangers, because most of the players came from the Queens Park area which is part of the London suburb of North Kensington.
QPR became a professional team in 1889 and played their home games in 14 different stadiums, a league record, before permanently settling in Loftus Road in 1917 (although the team briefly played at White City during the 1962-63 season in the hope of attracting larger crowds).