Marlborough Road is a disused London Underground station. It was opened in 1868 on the Metropolitan & St. John’s Wood Railway, the first northward branch extension from Baker Street of the Metropolitan Railway (now the Metropolitan Line).
On some maps of the era, the station name is shortened to Marlboro Road.
In the mid 1930s the Metropolitan line was suffering congestion at the south end of its main route where trains from its many branches were struggling to share the limited capacity of its tracks between Finchley Road and Baker Street stations.
To ease this congestion a new section of deep-level tunnel was constructed between Finchley Road and the Bakerloo line tunnels at Baker Street station. The Metropolitan line’s Stanmore branch services were then transferred to the Bakerloo (now Jubilee) line on 20 November 1939 and diverted to run into Baker Street in the new tunnels, thus reducing the number of trains using the Metropolitan lines tracks.