Green Park

Category: Parks and Open spaces

Green Park (officially The Green Park) is one of the Royal Parks of London. Covering an area of about 53 acres, it was originally a swampy burial ground for lepers from the nearby hospital at Saint James’s. It was first enclosed in the 16th century by Henry VIII. In 1668 Charles II made it a Royal Park, laying out the park’s main walks.

It lies between London’s Hyde Park and St. James’s Park. Together with Kensington Gardens and the gardens of Buckingham Palace, these parks form an almost unbroken stretch of open land reaching from Whitehall and Victoria station to Kensington and Notting Hill


Share on Facebook Tweet this location