Colindale tube station
Colindale tube station is a London Underground station in north London. The station is on the Edgware branch of the Northern Line, between Burnt Oak and Hendon Central stations, and in Travelcard Zone 4.
The station opened on 18 August 1924 on what was then the Hampstead and Highgate Line as the first station on the second section of the Underground’s extension to Edgware. The original classical style station building designed by Underground Architect Stanley Heaps was destroyed by bombing in 1940. The simple temporary timber structure erected in its place actually lasted longer than the original building as it was not replaced until 1962 when a new building was constructed incorporating shops.