Alperton tube station
Alperton is a London Underground station on the Uxbridge branch of the Piccadilly Line. The station is between Sudbury Town and Park Royal. It is located on Ealing Road (A4089) a short distance from the junction with Bridgewater Road (A4005) and is close to Alperton Bus Garage and the Paddington branch of the Grand Union Canal. The station is in Travelcard Zone 4.
Perivale Alperton station was opened on 28 June 1903 by the Metropolitan Distrct Railway (MDR, now the District Line) on its new extension to South Harrow from Park Royal & Twyford Abbey. Park Royal & Twyford Abbey had itself opened five days earlier.
This new extension was, together with the existing tracks back to Acton Town, the first section of the Underground’s surface lines to be electrified and operate electric instead of steam trains. The Deep level tube lines open at that time (City & South London Railway, Waterloo & City Railway and Central London Railway) had been electrically powered from the start.