Ace Cafe

Category: Film and TV locations

The Ace Cafe is an old transport café; from 1938 designed to accommodate the traffic travelling on the new North Circular Road. Popular with Rockers in the 1950/60s it was a local haunt for the petrol heads.

The Ace Cafe located on The North Circular in London, was built in 1938 as a transport cafe primarily for hauliers.

Due to the fact that the cafe was open 24 hours a day it soon started to attract motorcyclists. The cafe was rebuilt in 1949 after being destroyed in a World War 2 air raid.

The cafe was used as a location in the 1960’s film ‘The Leather Boys’ and is currently used as the location for Channel 5’s ‘Fifth Gear‘ motoring show.


Share on Facebook Tweet this location